Maryland Acupuncture CEUs/PDAs
Acupuncture Continuing Education
NCCAOM Approved Courses
Maryland licensed acupuncturists fulfill their NCCAOM Diplomate recertification online at HealthCMi. All acupuncture continuing education online courses are pre-approved by the NCCAOM. Purchase the online course, download the course materials, and get a certificate of completion instantly.
You keep the course content and you may print the e-book if you wish to make a paper copy. The ebook, in PDF format, is Apple, Windows and tablet compatible and is also searchable.
Maryland acupuncturists are governed by the Maryland Board of Acupuncture which is responsible for licensing Maryland acupuncturists. All HealthCMi acupuncture CEU courses are pre-approved for continuing education credit with the NCCAOM and therefore meet all Maryland Board of Acupuncture requirements. The Maryland Acupuncture Practice Act establishes all laws concerning acupuncture in the State of Maryland. This act determines that the Maryland Board of Acupuncture is composed of five licensed acupuncturists and two public members.
This following is an excerpt of Maryland rules and regulations for acupuncturist continuing education:
(1) A licensee applying for renewal shall complete 30 hours of relevant continuing education during the 2-year period preceding the expiration of the license which include the following:
- (a) At least 20 hours in formally organized programs which are relevant to the practice of acupuncture and Oriental medicine and are approved by the Board or sponsored by, but not limited to, the following organizations and their member organizations:
- (i) American Academy of Medical Acupuncture;
- (ii) American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM);
- (iii) Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM);
- (iv) Colleges and universities accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM)
- (v) National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- (vi) Society for Acupuncture Research; or
- (vii) The National Acupuncture Detoxification Association;
All courses at HealthCMi are NCCAOM approved and are therefore accepted for acupuncture continuing education credit in Maryland and are also accepted for NCCAOM Diplomate recertification.
At HealthCMi, we offer NCCAOM Diplomate online courses approved for general credit and special courses certified for the four hours of NCCAOM Safety and Ethics requirements.