Latest Acupuncture News
- New - Acupuncture Lowers Blood Sugar for Obese Diabetics
- Flying Acupuncture Helps Sleep & Beats Drug - New Research
- New Biochemical Acupuncture Athletic Performance Research
- New MRI Acupuncture Study Finds Stomach & Heart Point Specificity
- Asparagus Reduces High Blood Pressure - New Discovery
- Fibromyalgia Patients Seek Acupuncture - New Finding
- Acupuncture Post-Op Halts Nausea & Vomiting - New Study
- Acupuncture Reduces Cocaine Seizures & Death - New Study
- Acupuncture Program Cut in Canada
- Chinese Medicine Dietetics Live Video for Acupuncture CEUs
24 May 2012
Researchers conducted a comparative study of acupuncture points used for women to determine differences in acupuncture point selections for women receiving infertility treatments versus women receiving acupuncture for other concerns. A cross sectional study of 48 women consisted of two groups. Group 1 consisted of 24 women who were treated for infertility. Group 2 consisted of 24 women who were fertile and received acupuncture for other concerns. The acupuncture points common to both groups were K3, LI3 and SP6. The women receiving infertility treatments more often received the acupuncture points CV4, CV3 and ST29. For group 2, they received needling at SP3 more often than the women receiving treatment for infertility.
Acupunct Med 2012;30:12-16 doi:10.1136/acupmed-2011-010089. Traditional Chinese medicine patterns and recommended acupuncture points in infertile and fertile women. Oddveig Birkeflet, Petter Laake2, Nina Vollestad.
|< Prev||Next >|