Latest Acupuncture News
- Acupuncture Improves Depression & Anxiety for PCOS
- Acupuncture with Herbs Clears Acne - New Finding
- Acupuncture Bests Drugs for Low Back Pain Herniations
- New Study- Acupuncture & Herbs Protect Pregnancy, Prevent Miscarriage
- New Research - Acupuncture Cuts Lower Back Pain
- New Study - Acupuncture Works for Anxiety, Depression & PMS
- Acupuncture Lowers High Blood Pressure - New Finding
- New Research - Acupuncture Helps Lung Cancer Patients
- New Research - Acupuncture Benefits Heart & Reduces Angina
- New Finding - Acupuncture Eases Urination Bladder Pain
04 June 2012
New research concludes that acupuncture improves motor function for patients with foot drop caused by a stroke. Foot drop is movement impairment of theankle, foot and toes that causes dropping of the forefoot. Researchers measured two approaches to acupuncture therapy for the treatment of drop foot. One of the techniques yielded superior clinical results yet both approaches showed significant clinical improvements.
Group A received acupuncture at acupuncture points SP6 (Sanyinjiao) and KI3 (Taixi) with application of the reducing needling technique at each acupoint. Tonification technique was applied to acupuncture points ST41 (Jiexi), UB62 (Shenmai) and GB34 (Yanglingquan). Group B received acupuncture at ST36 (Zusanli), SP6 (Sanyinjiao), GB39 (Xuanzhong) and several other acupuncture points used in rehabilitation treatments. Acupuncture was administered in a series of three sessions for both groups. Each session was comprised of 10 acupuncture treatments at a rate of once per day for a grand total of 30 acupuncture treatments. Group A demonstrated greater clinical improvements in the symptomatic relief of foot drop although patients in group B also showed significant improvement.
Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2012-04. Effect of muscle-tension-balance acupuncture therapy on the motor function and living ability of patients with drop foot and strephenopodia after stroke. LIU Zhao-ping, ZENG Man-ping, XIE Hui, LOU Bi-dan, ZHANG Wei.
|< Prev||Next >|